Si has a legal duty to protect the health and safety of its employees and others. We take this responsibility seriously and have made health and safety a management priority. We expect our employees at all levels to take care to avoid injury to themselves and others and to co-operate with the implementation of Siâ€™s health and safety arrangements.
Si has adopted a health and safety policy which contains details of these responsibilities and arrangements. All employees are required to be proactive and familiarise themselves with the health and safety policy. Acceptance of and adherence to Siâ€™s health and safety policy form part of every employeeâ€™s contract of employment.
Health and safety policy
Si has established this health and safety policy to ensure the health, safety and welfare at work of all employees and others who may be affected by its activities. This policy will be implemented in all premises owned or controlled by Si.
In pursuance of this policy, Si will take action to:
- provide adequate control of the health and safety risks arising from our work activities;
- consult with our employees on matters affecting their health and safety;
- provide and maintain safe plant and equipment;
- ensure safe handling and use of substances;
- provide information, instruction and supervision for employees;
- ensure all employees are competent to do their tasks and to give them adequate training;
- prevent accidents and cases of work related ill health; maintain safe and healthy working conditions; and
- review and revise this policy as necessary at regular intervals.
4 February 2013